Friday, November 12, 2010

Still remembering

I'm not writing much today, just pointing you towards two blog posts that I think worth sharing. Cid is one of several Canadian bloggers I follow and I really liked her post today about the Highway of Heroes.  Check it out, I'm sure you'll like it too.

Then, because I am not Canadian, I just had to Google that and find out more details about this grassroot tradition that has grown over the years.  I found this interesting column and another video. Watch it- it's good.

It reminded me of our troop greeters in Bangor Maine, and how the unofficial salutes to troops of any nation  can often be more moving than official tributes.

2 comments:

Cid said...

Thanks Linda, I'm honoured you wanted to link to my blog.

Anonymous said...

Those videos bring a tear to the eye...