Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

We are having a sort of extended Christmas this year- Sectaurs came home Saturday so we've had fun visiting and relaxing. Yes, relaxing- for the first time in forever, my presents were wrapped two days early, not at midnight Christmas Eve. We had ham last night, so it's ham rolls tonight- and spaghetti for J.

Christmas morning we drive down to R.I. as usual- we'll visit with J's side of the family that evening, and get together with my side on Wednesday afternoon. We used to try to mash everyone in one day, but that was exhausting, and left no time for games, or conversations. J is working today but has the rest of the week off, which is a first as well.

Speaking of relaxing, I shocked certain family members when I asked if they would mind not having a tree this year.  With the babysitting Ameranth does here, our living room was feeling crowded with baby stuff, and I didn't have the energy to try to decorate in a child-safe manner. I assured them I would come up with an acceptable substitute to pile presents around, and that I would use some lights.

So here is our "tree area":
 (Spruce boughs, barberry branch, our traditional Santa tree-topper, all perched on a tablecloth covered highchair)  This works for me.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas! I love your tree substitute! What a great idea! :)