Saturday, January 31, 2009

A short introduction

My mission tonight is to write a short intro of me and my family- key word being"short", I tend to run on. Based on other blogs I've read, the thing to do is not name any family members, but to assign them clever nicknames. I'll figure that out as I need to, I guess.

I've been married to J (clever?) since 1977, and we have four grown children. We arranged it neatly, girl, boy, girl, boy, and I always like this time of year because their ages are all in a row, 30, 29, 28, 27. I was lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom for 10 years, and would love to be again, especially since none of them live at home with us now! However, I enjoy eating and staying warm, so off to work we both go.

We are not alone in the house however, we share it with Sophie, an elderly cat , and a 16 month old Alaskan husky called Rosie. I don't think they will care if my nonexistent readers know their names. Since J and I work different shifts, Rosie is company for us both.

At least now, our hours home overlap in the afternoon. For years, we used a notebook on the kitchen table to keep in touch. We tried using the kids, with varying success, so relied on paper. People, these were shopping lists and "there are leftovers in the fridge" and "where are my whatever" kind of notes. Not saveworthy to me, but J is much more romantic than I, and he saved the notebooks when they were filled. He's a good guy.

And with that, I will end for now and pick it up another time.

No comments: