Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh no you didn't!

I've read quite a few blogs lately lamenting the end of summer, or celebrating the advent of autumn. Coincidentally, all the writers either have, or teach children. Well, I have offspring, but not at home and no one is in school any more, so Labor Day is not the end of my summer.

September can be beautiful in Maine, and quite often we have semi-heat waves as the kiddos sit in their schoolrooms. I am counting on this happening again. J and I have arranged for days off next week, and have many plans for that time. Plans that mostly involve having warm, dry weather.  Fall does not officially start until the 21(or 22nd?) and by gum I want my summer to be warm to the end, and beyond!

As it is written, so shall it be. 
 

                            

1 comment:

Grampa said...

Believe the equinox is the 23rd this year so enjoy!