Friday, July 30, 2010

Girls do lunch

My aunt Sally from Florida is visiting her daughter here in Maine and I met them for lunch today. Sally has a good friend Eleanor in Florida who grew up in Monmouth, and is visiting a lifelong friend of hers here in town. They had been following Ameranth on her Erie Canal hike as well as reading this blog, so wanted to meet us. Luckily, Ameranth worked just a half day today and was able to come along.

Being the introvert I am, I was a little worried about going to lunch with strangers, but it was just fine. (Of course, my aunt reads this, so I wouldn't write anything else, but I mean it- it was like we were all old friends) I also worried about being responsible for choosing the place we ate, but everyone agreed they enjoyed the food, so that was okay too!  It was a cooler day than we've been having, and the restaurant was a leetle bit too cool for us, especially since the AC was blowing directly on us. But Ameranth and Sally got up, moved the floor fan, lowered the AC setting, and aimed the louvers upward, so we were all comfy. I'm not sure what the staff thought of that, but no one complained.

And that was after we came in and milled about, wondering where to sit, since the booths only fit 4 and the two empty tables were not close together. As we discussed moving the furniture around, a nice couple offered to move so we could use their seats. Thank you random strangers!


I meant to take a picture of all of us but forgot to, darn it. Ameranth was told to keep her blog up to date, so they would know when she took off on her next adventure, and I was told to write more often. I told them my life was not that interesting, but that I would try to talk to J more often for amusing tidbits! 

He did come in a little bit ago to say he lost his glasses and would I come look for them. J had been working on the lawn tractor and had taken them off when he was under it replacing the deck. We followed his  path from where he worked on it to where he apparently realized that he couldn't see where he was driving, with no luck. I was annoying him with questions about the last time he saw them, etc, when Ameranth lifted the hood, and voila! the lost was found.

Ameranth just asked me if I was writing a blog entry and commented "Well, aren't you a good person?"  Yes. Yes I am. And I did it first. She's been stealing my life for her blog before I can steal hers for mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that you had a nice lunch! :)

anymommy said...

Sounds delightful! Also, I am so jealous that you had a goat as a pet.