Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday, Friday

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekendTomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end.

Oh come on, it was only a matter of time before I used that!  (Most of my relatives are probably wondering what this is and what's wrong with me - Google Rebecca Black if you must- that will help with the 'what this is' part)

It is indeed Friday, and I am heading down to MA to flower shop and plant with my peeps. Ms M and Minnie, to be precise. Both have little experience with gardens  so I offered to help them out and am looking forward to it. Ms M wants color now and perennials for no fuss and less future planting so I have been digging up lots of mine to share. Sectaurs and Minnie have a very small yard and the previous owner put in lovely perennials; they just need annuals for some color out front.

The big question is was "will I take Boomer down with me?" Right now, I think no. He would love to go for a ride and visit Mabel, although sometimes they irritate each other, but usually the passenger diverts his attention from annoying the driver, and J is staying home.  I've got an hour or so to decide.

Speaking of J, he is a happy camper since he has the day off and has finally fixed our lawn tractor. Turns out it needed a new sparkplug and air filter, but the biggest thing was a new fuel filter and clearing out the clogged gas line. And boy did we need the grass cut. We only managed it once when we had our one sunny day in May, and that was two weeks ago. We are finally getting our warm spring days but it jumped right to muggy hot weather. But I am definitely not complaining!

Ameranth is fighting the mosquitoes and humidity in Maryland on the Great Allegheny Gap trail, and walking about 10 miles each of the first two days. Anna is not as happy to be back hiking since she can't run loose as she did on stretches of the Erie Canal. Besides being all brush and woods, Ameranth is worried about poisonous (venomous?) snakes lying in wait for her precious pup. She saw one (not poisonous- she thinks) crossing the road in front of them and it reached from one side to the other- about 6 feet, I believe.  I suggested she whack two sticks together for safety, ala The Parent Trap. She was not amused.

J just came in so he'll cut my hair, I'll take a shower and head south even though Weatherbug just warned me of a severe thunderstorm watch. Ms M is on the phone with J and she warned me traffic would be bad since I was leaving so late. I told her I couldn't leave any earlier now, har har.

No comments: