Monday, August 24, 2009

Warning- Poking fun at puppy alert

J and I spent the weekend in RI, attending an annual summer party at the house of J's youngest brother. All of our kids made an appearance (except Colorado Shoeshine, of course) and the weather cooperated nicely. Hurricane Bill caused Maine to have a wet weekend, but we had only an overnight wetting down south.

The dogs were well behaved, especially after we added two feet of height to the dog run at my parent's house. It had been unoccupied and they fixed it up last year for us to use while visiting. However, after Rosie leaped over the 4 foot fence from a sit, she had to be tied outside. This made Boomer a lonely boy, lonely and blue, all alone with nothing to do- except bark.

So, 200 feet of chicken wire later, they were back together. And Rosie checked every inch of the fence too, before resigning herself to containment. Grandma and Grandpa didn't mind babysitting then, and we could go off to socialize. Ameranth brought her dog, who is much better trained and who charmed everyone at the party. (Anna is two months older than Rosie and that makes a huge difference at her age- almost 2).

Anyway, getting on to the puppy poking. J's sister Trish has recently adopted 2 dogs to keep her mini dachshund company. Why 2? I think there was a 10 lb. minimum. One is a 7 year old chihuahua who was rescued from a puppy mill, and the other is a 6 month old puggle.

Now, I don't know if all puggles look like this one or not, but her body is as long as the dachshund's, which is fine, until you see the little pug face attached to an extraordinarily long neck. I don't think the picture does it justice.


All I could think of was the Neverending Story- Anyone else thinking Falkor?


Bella is a sweetie, though. I never thought I would say this, but I wouldn't mind a little dog like her, if I didn't have the heffalump and whirling dervish I do now. And Chloe the chihuahua isn't naked like the Taco Bell dog, so she's much cuter than expected as well.

1 comment:

plainolebob said...

that was funny always enjoy you happenings, some how i am getting a lot of followers from R.I. go figure.
i jump six inches from a sit, been practicin