Friday, September 4, 2009

Big Chill

My annual mammogram was at 2:30 today, and I had carefully planned my day accordingly- clean house in the morning, then shower just before leaving to minimize the effect of the no deodorant requirement.

I took a can of Diet Coke in my little insulated lunch bag for an after appointment drink, then had a brilliant idea. I wanted to take my deodorant with me to use later, but was afraid the heat in the car would liquefy it. Solution? Put it in the bag with the ice packs!

I managed the little cape thingy that took the place of the johnny with just a little confusion about where the long ends went. Turns out they don't go anywhere, just get crossed over and magically stay in place. The mammogram went smoothly ( I must say, as disappointed as I was last year to find out the "we're digital now" was all on their end, not mine, that it really does seem to make a difference) and I was out in no time, clutching my complimentary carnation. As I was getting dressed, I realized I had forgotten to get my Suave out of cold storage, so had to wait until I got back to the car. Let's just say it was...refreshing.

No comments: