Saturday, February 20, 2010

You just never know

We had a bit of excitement on our road this week. At least, the dogs thought it was bark-worthy.  Very, very bark-worthy. All week long. Tractors and trucks and digging and cement and men flaunting their obedient, quiet labs, who never strayed onto our side of the road.  This is what we saw:
 

That was after the cement was poured and the wind was whipping the tarps around.
 
Now, our thoughtful neighbor had come over earlier in the week to let us know what was going on, and I don't think I could have guessed from seeing the prep and what is lying on that trailer.  

I missed the installation this morning since I was sleeping, but J witnessed the crane lifting this into place.

 
Is that what you guessed was coming?  The world's biggest ice fishing trap (or tip-up, depending on region) lives across from us. I assume it's the biggest anyway-a quick Google search didn't show me anything else. 


Oh, by the way, he's not a nut- his business is making ice traps. The only problem I have with this is if he lights it up in the future. I like my out-in-the-country-no light-pollution-nights.

No comments: