Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back in place

     'Tis evening on the moorland free,
         The starlit wave is still:
      Home is the sailor from the sea,
         The hunter from the hill.
               A.E. Housman  
Or, my father's home from the hospital and I'm home in Maine.

My mums finished blooming while I was away,
 and the hens were allowed back out to play.



The last pumpkin came off the vine and just in the nick of time, since we're supposed to get a frost tonight, although the sumac still is bright.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The front of the house looks real good, wih the 'new' steps, the pumpkins and mums. LOL I'll take a drink to that!! (If allowed!)

Unknown said...

Great news, I am glad to hear that your father is home. Your mums are beautiful. Cute photo of your hens! That is cool that you grew pumpkins! Have a great weekend! :)