Friday, March 5, 2010

My book arrived today

Happy, happy. My replacement book The Gathering Storm arrived today, and I have finished it now. Library lad was right about it being very good too. After the first few chapters I was able to forget that a new writer had taken over for Robert Jordan.

Now I will be able to dive into Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy with gusto. I dipped into the first book this week, but didn't want to commit until I finished off the previous relationship.  And, after that, I have Erikson's The Dust of Dreams to look forward to.  Then, maybe, I will be able to turn to outdoor activities, although that is probably wishful thinking.

It is supposed to be in the high 40's tomorrow, so I think J and I will build another bench in his our workshop. We've got 3 of 4 done, and he's moved in a lot of his storage bins and shelves, but there's still a lot of organizing to do. It's good that he enjoys that so much, he can putter happily for hours.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news about your book! I love it when I have a line up of good books to look forward to, it sounds like you have some happy reading ahead of you!

Captain Dumbass said...

Oh my. You read Erikson too? I like you so much now.

Linda said...

Erikson is a recent discovery- my son lent me the whole series last fall, and boy, am I glad I could read those all in a row!
He told me he wasn't sure if I was 'ready' for these, and I was rather offended. But once I started, I knew what he meant. That is one intricate universe.