Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Forgotten bits

I forgot to include two more tidbits from our long weekend. First, the dresser we brought back for Ameranth was one of a bedroom set we had inherited from J's Aunt Molly, many years ago. She bought it new in the '60s and 30 + years later, we put it to immediate use upstairs, without any refurbishment. Most of our furniture was hand-me-downs and the kids often redecorated it and their walls (without our prior permission or knowledge) with stickers, glow-in-the-dark stars, lip balm on wallpaper (yes, really) and designs picked out with pushpins on sheetrock. Their rooms are the only ones upstairs, so at least nothing was in public view. But I digress.

I'm not sure what the style is called- I think of it as French Provincial.

We used my free paint that we got from a Glidden promotion last year and J had some hammered metal effect spray paint for the hardware.  The color is Softest Juniper" and it is perilously close to a pale mint green- yikes! I expected a grayer tint, but it looks much better than before. It's in a hallway, so I didn't have much room to maneuver for a better shot.

Then the other pictures I have are for a kid's playhouse shaped like a pirate ship. Well, it doesn't have to be a pirate ship, but in our family that's where we go first.
These are displayed at Hill View Mini Barns, the place where we bought our shed last fall. J saw them when we drove past on Saturday, so we had to stop and get a closer look. They come with a mast which holds two swings and/or a canopy.

Peeking inside the back, I saw a slide and a walk-the-plank type ramp.  I guess the side rails might be around 6 feet tall.  Very cool.  About $2500.



3 comments:

Cid said...

Wow, I wish I had seen these before we bought our playset, my boys would go crazy over it.

I checked out Ameranth's blog, can't wait to read about all her adventures. And nice job on the dresser.

Unknown said...

The dresser turned out so pretty, I really like it! Those are the coolest pirate ship play structures, my children would go crazy for one of those!

Wendy said...

You did wonders with the dresser! I love buying used wood furniture and fixing it up to look like new.
My kids would go bananas if I got them a pirate ship--they'd never leave the backyard!